On the android.stackexchange.com on-topic page, they include a link to Stack Overflow for questions related to app development (since it is off-topic for android.SE but on-topic for Stack Overflow):
When I saw that, I thought to myself, "Well that's just dandy."
I see a lot of statements in new users' off-topic questions like "I don't know where this question belongs", "Not sure if this should be here or at foo.stackexchange".
For those blessed new users who read our on-topic page, I think it would be helpful for them to get pointed to the appropriate site for their question, if it happens to be off-topic.
What topics can I ask about here?
Super User is for computer enthusiasts and power users. If you have a question about …
- computer hardware,
- computer software, or
- personal and home computer networking
and it is not about …
- programming and software development (please ask these Questions on Stack Overflow)
- video games or consoles (please ask these questions on Arqade)
- websites or web services like Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress (please ask these questions on webapps.stackexchange.com)
- electronic devices, media players, cell phones or smart phones, except insofar as they interface with your computer (please ask Android-specific questions on android.stackexchange.com),
- issues specific to corporate IT support and networks (consider asking these questions on Server Fault),
- asking for a shopping or product recommendation (no soup for you!)