This is one of those "shameless ripoff for consistency reasons" questions. Back in September 2008, someone asked "What should the users of Stack Overflow be called?". In mid-2009, we got "What should contributors to Server Fault be called?". There's no equivalent Super User question yet, so... here it is.
Oddly, the SO question is
[fun] while the SF question is the big red
[faq]. I'm not sure which direction to go with the tagging on this question... discussion on that in the comments is welcome.
I'm going to try something interesting here — a poll with strict requirements for answers. Here are the rules. Note — posts may be edited if they are out of compliance.
- Your post must contain only your desired answer
- You must not duplicate an answer
- If you do accidentally duplicate an answer, it's your responsibility to delete it. Otherwise, it will be edited to say something along the lines of "I can't follow directions."
- Observers should vote up the names they like
- Discussion should occur in the comments
- The answer with the highest number of votes will be accepted as the official answer
(Users who have not been under a rock since 2008 will note that these are the ancestors of the current de facto official poll rules.)
So... what should we, the users of Super User, be called?