Concerning question Can I create a new session in another tab or window in Google Chrome?
This is surprising to me for multiple reasons.
- It's not off-topic, but it was closed
- It was deleted
OK, let's review the topics of Super User.
- Computer hardware
- Computer software
- Personal and home computer networking
Well, the question is specifically about Google Chrome, so I'd say that falls under the "computer software" topic.
OK, let's review the list of off-topic content:
- Programming and software development
- Video games or consoles
- Websites or web services
- Electronic devices, media players, cell phones
- Issues specific to corporate IT support and networks
- Asking for a product, service, or material recommendation
Well, it's a reach, but maybe I could see this as "asking for a product". But that's mitigated by simply editing the question title to something like "How to create a new session in another tab or window in Google Chrome?".
The intent is clear in the question body and a plugin is not the only way to accomplish this, so the question title was slightly inaccurate. Any user or moderator could've made this edit with confidence that the meaning of the original question would be kept in tact.
Instead closed as off-topic? It's received a trickle of answers over the years; some good, some bad. I can see why a moderator might lock it, but going even further to delete it is just absurd.
- Is on topic
- Was helpful to many people: 37 up-votes, a single down-vote, and 28,000+ views
- Has no negative remarks
Can someone explain the moderator's decision to me?