My faulty understanding of the bounty system may have caused me to mislead the poster, and this is what happened:
- The post Initiate windows feature update after snoozing by user aggieNick02 had no answers.
- User Ramhound added a bounty.
- I answered and solved the problem.
- User Ramhound indicated his unwillingness to award the bounty, since apparently it was done by mistake, with which the poster did not agree.
- I assured the poster that by accepting an answer during the bounty period, the bounty will be automatically awarded.
- But this did not happen.
Which condition for bounty awarding did I miss out on?