This is in response to this question
I'm going to try one more way to address this. How come you can't ask,
- Does $x exist?
But you can ask,
- How do I do $x?
- Do any 4TB single-sided NVME drives exist?
Is subject to the answer being "no" and the answer "yes" will require a specific example of existence for qualification and acceptance.
However, Is that not also true of many questions in the form?
- "How do I .."
In most instances, if you're asking an unbounded "how" you don't know that it can be done. You're assuming it can be done. Moreover, it's not tied to a product you're going to open the the answers up to demonstrating how this can be done, using usually an unspecified tool... Examples,
- How do I make a machine "blank screen" for a period of time (as a penalty) if certain noise levels are reached?
- How do I extract files from an MSI package?
- How do I place a bootable ISO on a USB drive?
- How do I set up SSH so I don't have to type my password?
- How do I find out command line arguments of a running program?
- How do I physically prevent people from unplugging an Ethernet cable?
- How do I delete a user profile on a Windows 7 machine that is part of a domain?
This isn't all the questions: it's a very enumerated list. And it doesn't include questions that omit the "how do I" and leave it implicit,
While slightly awkward in English if,
- How do I download all Flickr sets/images?
is acceptable and open to suggestions of products that may fit that function, if they exist. Would this be acceptable,
- How do I upgrade my laptop's NVME hard drive past 4 GB, none of the drives fit?
As it would also only be solved with at least a suggestion of a product that may fit the needs I have?