There are quite a few questions out there regarding upgrading to Windows 8.1 and then running into a BSOD and then subsequent reversion back to Windows 8:
- Windows 8.1 couldn't be installed with error 0xc1900101 0x20006
- Windows 8.1 upgrade fail with error 0xC1900101
- windows 8.1 upgrade from win 8 fails with error code 0xc1900101-0x20017
- windows 8.1 upgrade fails with error code 0xc1900101-0x20017
- Windows 8.1 will not boot after upgrading from Windows 8 on my PC
- BSOD after installing old driver in Windows 8.1
I'm sure there are probably others out there that I haven't found. I would like to create single question that would be similar to what we've done with other common questions where we post the question and a community wiki answer. We would then close these questions as a duplicate of the new one. This would preserve any reputation earned from the older posts, while giving a more succinct and clean solution to a common problem at hand. What does the community think?