I noticed three similar questions that are a little outside my ballywick and am hoping someone can recommend what, if anything, should be done with them.
- SSD causes my Windows 7 installation to freeze
- Solid State Drive occasionally freezes for a minute while OS is beach balling
- Using an SSD with no AHCI ICH7 base Windows 7 hangs frequently
These all concern SSDs causing Windows to freeze. What brought them to light is that a user posted an identical answer to all three questions. Which raises several questions:
- Should any of these questions be duplicates?
- Is the answer appropriate in each case?
- Does the AHCI issue refer to the same thing as SATA emulation (in which case the answer would be a duplicate of existing answers on several of the questions).