I've worked with a diverse array of organizations throughout much of my professional life: I designed and built a digital archive for the Merce Cunningham Dance Company in 2006 and 2007; before going to get my MFA, I built full-stack web apps for Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute as a one-man design/build team based out of the RPI Arts departments' iEAR Studios; I've designed and programmed sites for individual art and design practitioners, for MIT’s Sloan School of Business and for Sotheby’s, and for myriad entities at all scales in between.
I personally have developed a taste for C++ in recent years, and I am quite proficient in Python, as well as its redheaded stepchild Cython. I love Objective-C – although I have learned Swift, and am eagerly awaiting a project upon which to cut my Swiftian teeth, specifically. If left to my own devices I will write image-analysis code (I enjoy the rather Quixotic task of porting novel algorithms from their sometimes let’s say undelinted academic origins to contemporary frameworks like
halide) and send off myriad and sundry pull requests on GitHub to projects I like the looks of, but can’t compile.
Top network posts
- 31 Can the Django ORM store an unsigned 64-bit integer (aka ulong64 or uint64) in a reliably backend-agnostic manner?
- 23 jQuery $(document).ready() not firing
- 15 Defining nested namespaces in a URLConf, for reversing Django URLs -- does anyone have a cogent example?
- 13 Risks and rewards of using /dev/autofs_nowait on OS X
- 11 Why the addresses of local variables can be different every time?
- 11 Tips and resources for beginning designers
- 9 Copying data from a shared-memory-mapped object using sendfile()/fcopyfile()
- View more network posts →