A tired, not yet retired engineer
I have been using computers since the times of Apple ][ and others
That was more than ten years before Linus released the very first Linux kernel (1991, 1996).
Sadly that doesn't make my computer knowledge better ;-) I've seen a vast diversity of PC-grade machines and software - and that might be one reason; it has simply been too many.
- amateur photographer - see http://flickr.com/arkane
- jumped ship on MS OS'es in early 2014.
- been dabbling with Linux/bash for a long time.
- Know bits&pieces of Mechanics, 3D-printing, Optics, Electronics, Programming, Chemistry, ...
Seen: Visicalc, dBase, Wordperfect, DPaint, Deluxe MCS, The Art Department Pro, ImageFX, Devpac, Lattice SAS/C. Almost all versions of Windows since v3.1 including Excel, Word, Acrobat, Photoshop 2.x+, 300bps modems+, Scanners from when a top model was 300 DPI max, early Networks, video-Digitizers, 8"/5.25"/3.5" floppies and disks. 5-20MB XT/MFM HDDs some larger than 10 Raspberry Pi's together...
1h drive westward from Stockholm, Sweden
Member for 5 years, 6 months
5 profile views
Last seen Aug 18 '19 at 6:42
Top network posts
- 37 "Reset" colors of terminal after ssh exit/logout
- 27 With Ubuntu 18.04, how can I have a hot corner that locks the computer?
- 24 Hard disk only recognized if it has already spun up
- 19 Cells show formula, not formula result
- 14 Why do some programs return when being called from the terminal while others just return only with the inclusion of an '&'
- 12 appstreamcli: AppStream system cache was updated, but problems were found: Metadata files have errors: /var/cache/app-info/xmls/fwupd.xml
- 11 Ubuntu 14.04 doesn't boot any more, kernel panic appears
- View more network posts →