Just a typical computer user that gets to bang on the keyboard most of the day. Primarily data collection in a CAD environment. Since I like to poke around and read up on things that interest me I end up getting most of the support calls in the friends and family circle. Windows at work, Ubuntu at home (main accomplishment has been switching wife and several kids, friends, boss to full time open source use), Python for fun and work with it embedded in our CAD system. Wish I had grown up to be a developer since "garbage collection" in my first programing environment meant picking up your punch cards if you weren't careful.
Member for 11 years, 5 months
4 profile views
Last seen Aug 14 '19 at 12:18
- Super User 6k 6k 2525 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 2.2k 2.2k 22 gold badges2323 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 561 561 22 gold badges44 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Geographic Information Systems 273 273 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Area 51 151 151 33 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 78 How to extract 7z zip and have correct directory strucuture?
- 64 Copying a file only when it is newer than the destination
- 64 What is the purpose of the holes marked "Do Not Cover" on hard drives?
- 55 Open file from the command line on Windows
- 34 List files with path using Windows command line
- 28 How do I remove an incomplete or broken snap installation of nextcloud on a Raspberry Pi?
- 26 How do I know if my video card can run Unity?
- View more network posts →