It'd be nice if the SE sites were more tablet computer accessible.
- easier use with large and imprecise pointing devices - I have some difficulty e.g. selecting one of my favourite tags instead of deleting them...
- don't rely as heavily on mouse over effects, such as with tag information and the username popup
- allow modeators to undo more of their actions more easily, like e.g. Rejecting flags.
- some browser/platform specific changes to the site. Resizing text areas is difficult without being able to, well, select and drag...
As we're a community of technology enthusiasts, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one sometimes using a tablet device to access SU or one of the other SE sites (even though we don't consider them computers). Many questions can be answered without requiring extensive formatting or double-checking with an IDE or man page. At least with some of these devices, users can connect actual keyboards, enhancing the typing experience significantly.
While quality might suffer slightly in light of increased difficulty and less flexibility in using these devices (e.g. Not quoting from proper sources, as it's too much work), the more we support ubiquitous use of SU, the better.
Edited to add some examples:
- editing long posts is painful, since the resize control does not work and scrolling text is painfully slow.
- vote to close as duplicate dialog relies on events that are not properly sent
- mouse over stuff like the exact date and time a post was written or edited cannot be found out since the tool tip does not appear.