Elected moderator on Unix & Linux.
I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Linux Mint Debian Edition (basically Debian testing but more green) and, for the past few years, Arch.
My Linux expertise, such as it is, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 9 years, 4 months
62 profile views
Last seen Feb 25 at 9:40
- Unix & Linux♦ 195.1k 195.1k 5252 gold badges372372 silver badges565565 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 87.1k 87.1k 1515 gold badges177177 silver badges270270 bronze badges
- Super User 48.3k 48.3k 1212 gold badges109109 silver badges157157 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 20.4k 20.4k 1515 gold badges7676 silver badges118118 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 19.9k 19.9k 55 gold badges4242 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1182 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 869 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 645 Firing Community Managers: Stack Exchange is not interested in cooperating with the community, is it?
- 477 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 346 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 241 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 238 Is there a way to display a countdown or stopwatch timer in a terminal?
- View more network posts →