I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Arch and for the past few years Linux Mint Debian Edition (which is basically Debian testing but more green).
My Linux expertise, if I can grace it with such a lofty title, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 7 years, 4 months
56 profile views
Last seen Jun 14 at 8:21
- Unix & Linux♦ 137.2k 137.2k 3333 gold badges283283 silver badges459459 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu♦ 70.8k 70.8k 1313 gold badges148148 silver badges231231 bronze badges
- Super User 42.7k 42.7k 99 gold badges9393 silver badges141141 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 17.2k 17.2k 1212 gold badges6666 silver badges111111 bronze badges
- Biology 11k 11k 55 gold badges3838 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 975 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 724 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 319 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 233 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 186 What is the danger of inserting and browsing an untrusted USB drive?
- 176 Is there a way to display a countdown or stopwatch timer in a terminal?
- 117 How can I turn off swap permanently?
- View more network posts →