Stack Exchange, the company, has behaved atrociously and has pilloried one of its elected moderators in the press. Please help her raise the necessary funds to defend herself from the company: Defend Monica from Defamation by Stack Overflow .
Elected moderator on Unix & Linux.
I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Linux Mint Debian Edition (basically Debian testing but more green) and, for the past few years, Arch.
My Linux expertise, such as it is, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 7 years, 10 months
58 profile views
Last seen Jun 14 at 8:21
- Unix & Linux♦ 155.2k 155.2k 4141 gold badges303303 silver badges487487 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 76.5k 76.5k 1515 gold badges153153 silver badges240240 bronze badges
- Super User 44.7k 44.7k 1111 gold badges101101 silver badges152152 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 19.6k 19.6k 1313 gold badges6868 silver badges114114 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 12.1k 12.1k 33 gold badges3030 silver badges5858 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1030 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 771 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 351 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 256 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 231 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 189 We need "assume good intent" back in the Code of Conduct
- 189 Is there a way to display a countdown or stopwatch timer in a terminal?
- View more network posts →