Referring to this tag wiki excerpt edit, which was initially longer and worded somewhat differently. I received 1 Accept and 1 Reject citing the reason "Most of this should go in the wiki. The excerpt should be a synopsis just long enough to provide usage guidance (which is the key for the excerpt).".
Despite the two opposing votes, the excerpt is still "under review". Following this partial review, I edited the tag wiki excerpt again to make it shorter and better.
- Original tag wiki excerpt edit pending review to be automatically rejected by Community with a reason like "new edit proposed".
- No penalty for rejection.
- New review of the new tag wiki excerpt to be opened with zero votes, and opened for fresh voting.
- Alternatively, votes could be marked outdated and fresh votes could be solicited in the same original tag wiki excerpt edit review from same reviewers or other reviewers.
- Original tag wiki excerpt edit pending review is updated with the new tag wiki excerpt.
- Votes given to the original tag wiki excerpt remain and appear to be given to the new tag wiki excerpt, though this is not actually true. This may cause misinterpretation by other reviewers.
- Possibility of unfair rejection of the new wiki excerpt with just one more Reject vote on it, when added to the existing Reject vote given on the old version.
Note: I hope this meta will focus on the review process flow of proposed edits that are amended after partial review, rather than whether my tag wiki excerpt meets requirements or not.