Is there a place to review guidelines and rules for asking questions within this app? Aside from being respectful and courteous of course.
If by "this app" you mean Stack Overflow, see:
- site tour: https://superuser.com/tour
- help pages: https://superuser.com/help/asking
- the meta forum: https://meta.superuser.com/
Note that Stack Overflow is a sub-site of the overall Stack Exchange site. Every sub-site has its own rules and guidelines, so visit their websites before posting.
Someone ironically (or unironically?) our standard poor quality question mod message has a lot of what you need.
- An overview of how our system works
- A brief guide on how to ask questions
- A short summary of questions we permit
- Help on formatting your questions
I'd start by saying a good question gives the person reading it enough information to make a reasonable guess to how to solve your problem. Formatting it in a readable fashion makes things simpler. Sticking to what you need and adding things on is fine. It makes a lot of sense to search first and see how similar well received questions are structured too
Read comments, build your question and be at least a little patient and you'll be fine.