Gilles was nice enough to share a Data.SE query with us identifying tags with similar names, prime candidates for cleaning up and possibly synonym creation.
I consider the following to be false positives of the query:
Feel free to comment and disagree.
- windows (the OS) and window (the GUI concept)
- http and https (if you use the latter, there's usually a good reason)
- video and s-video (due to how the query finds similar terms)
- parallels (virtualization software) and parallel (parallel port or doing two things at the same time)
- stack (programming and debugging) and stacks (file and folder preview in Mac OS X Dock)
- ibook (predecessor to Macbook product line) and ibooks (Apple's e-books, tag no longer exists)
- hpux / hp-ux (only the latter exists)
- file-server / fileservers (only the former exists)
- zombies / zombie (only the latter exists)
- list / lists (both no longer exist)
That leaves the following pairs of candidates for cleanup:
Any ideas how to handle those?
Discuss only one pair of tags per answer please.
Up vote answers to agree, down vote to disagree.